Friday, May 1, 2009

yoga and cookies

It has been too long since my last post! Seriously, I have been missing this! And it is not because I have lots of profound and important things to say. And it is not because I think my life is important or because I am obsessed with myself. I just think it is fun! It is a fun way for me to scrapbook the fun times in my life.

So what has been going on since my last post? Well, it has not been too exciting because I have been doing lots of school work! For one of my class assignments we were assigned to do a self-exploration project. All semester we were required to do things like personal counseling, diversity training, volunteer work, attend group meetings like AA or weight watchers, and something personal like yoga. I have been doing most of these things all semester, but last week one of my friends from class and I went to yoga. This was my first time to go to yoga class and I was pretty nervous. I really planned well for my first yoga class. I knew to wear yoga capri pants because shorts are awkward in yoga. And I also knew you do it barefoot so I put on my sandals instead of tennis shoes to look like I knew what I was doing. I paired my outfit with my favorite t-shirt from the Christie Cookie 5K that I did last year. ( I had to look my best because I was going to the place where Nicole Kidman does yoga)! We get to this fabulous facility and are working on our paperwork while talking to the owner. Our conversation went a little like this:

Me: Wow this is a really nice studio you have here!
Yoga guy: Yes, Thank you. But next time you come, remember we like to stay quiet to help with the tone of yoga.
Me: Oh I'm sorry. I will do better not to be so loud.
Yoga guy: Is this your first time?
Me: Yes it is! How did you know? (still talking too loud)
Yoga guy: Well for one you are wearing a t-shirt with your yoga pants. And two, you are being loud.
Me: Oh. Well I hate to tell you but I do not have a yoga mat. Do you have any I could rent or buy?
Yoga guy: You are in trouble.
Me: What? why?
Yoga guy: You don't have a yoga mat, and you have a picture of a running cookie on your t-shirt.


Guess the yoga guy did not appreciate the cute cookie on my t-shirt. Oh well! I still had a fabulous time at yoga! It is a great workout! Now I am just hoping my cookie t-shirt and I run into Nicole at the yoga place!

1 comment:

  1. this just made me laugh... i love you! i can't wait to see you soon! =)

    ReplyDelete