Thursday, July 7, 2011

No vampires beyond this point


After we left Seattle, we headed toward the Olympic National Park! Lucky for me, Olympic National Park is the setting of my favorite book series Twilight!

Seriously, I could not be more excited about going to see the town and area that inspired a setting for the Twilight saga.
Our first stop was Port Angeles, WA. For those of you who aren't familiar with Twilight (ahem...AMY), Port Angeles is where the girls went prom dress shopping, and it is the place where Bella and Edward had their first date! Mom, Dad, and I ate dinner at Bella Italia where their first date took place. I ordered the mushroom ravioli (same as Bella in the book)!



We spent the night in Port Angeles and then drove to Forks the next morning. Forks is the hometown of Bella and Edward.

I was so excited to visit Forks and more sights from the book! We visited Forks High School where Bella and Edward went to school. Volleyball anyone?

We saw Bella's truck

And here I am talking to Edward in the drivers seat haha



Some interesting facts about Forks. They get this much rain a year which is why the Cullen's like to live there. And it's the smallest town ever. I can remember one blinking stop light in the whole town.

After Forks, we headed down to La Push to visit Jacob's reservation.
La Push was be-au-ti-ful! This was the biggest surprise for me...... it looked just like the movie. I could have spent all day on that beach. It was awesome!

We saw TONS of surfers and look at that huge driftwood! Gosh it was just amazing. La Push was so pretty I ALMOST switched my alliance to Team Jacob.


I still can't believe I was in Forks! Am I dreaming?!

1 comment: