Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"Is THAT Mount Rainier?"



The day we drove to Mount Rainier was the first day I saw the bight blue sky on our trip. It was pretty overcast and cloudy and sometimes rainy so far on our trip. So when we were driving to Mount Rainer, I still had not seen it!And then I saw it.......... "Is THAT Mount Rainier?!" was all I could say. It is indescribable. It is beautiful. It is magnificent.



I think this was my favorite day of the trip. It was just so amazing. I was in awe. I took one-thousand pictures and tired to pick some of my favorites.
Mom, Dad, and I had lunch at the bottom of Mount Rainier and then we decided to drive to the top! Well, not the the top, but as far as you can drive up. We could have hiked up higher if we wanted. But we were not really dressed for that as you can see....

On the way down, Dad and I wanted to look at the famous reflection lake. It is a big lake that reflects Mount Rainier and its a great view! We had to hike over tons of snow to get to the reflection lake, and IT as covered with snow too! I was not prepared to do hiking in the snow!

Should have worn other shoes! Not flip flops!


Mount Rainier is one of the tallest points in the US. It is over 14,000 ft high! Crazy big and extremely beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment