Sunday, January 31, 2010

Things I learned in snowapoloza 2010

News flash: It snowed in Nashville on Friday. It was more snow than I have seen in a long time. I have been snowed in ever since. I learned a few things during the snowapoloza 2010.

1. A good pair of boots is vital. This morning, we decided to try to make the trip to church so I thought hard about what shoes to wear. I thought heals are too slippery, so I opted for my flats. I took one step outside of my house and fell down the icy stairs and flat on my rear-end. This fight with the ice continued the entire time till I got back home.

2. This big scraper is my new best friend. We got about 4 inches of snow, then about an inch of ice on top of the snow. That is a very difficult thing to get off the car. This big scraper helped out so much! And yes, I took a picture of me and the scraper. Lame I know.

3. Sometimes you have to get out and push the car when it gets stuck in the snow. I've seen it done when people get stuck in the mud, but never thought about it in the snow. Usually a boys job, not today. We had to push Adrienne's car, three times during our trip to church. I wish I had gotten a picture of this, but I was too busy freaking out.

4. Snowapoloza brings out the best in strangers. The last time we got the car stuck, a random neighbor came over to help us. He was so nice to help three girls who were in trouble. I've heard of other stories like this, but it was so nice to see it first hand.

5. Now I know why people raid the grocery store. Snow days make me hungry. I guess it was boredom. But I ate everything in my house this weekend.

6. Sleds and shovels will be on the list the next time I go to the hardware store. Those would have been good to have this weekend.


So I learned a lot during Snowaploza 2010. I am sure I will have more to add after I try to actually drive tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Love the boots!!!! You be careful in all that snow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't buy a sled! If you do, you will not see another decent snowfall for at least 25 years! Just get a coaster (thE plastic kind, not the drink kind)or something.

    ReplyDelete