Sunday, September 27, 2009

Why we do it


I absolutely love Young Life! I love it with my whole heart, but it is not always easy. It is time consuming and draining, but I still love it. Today is one of those special days where I say, "This is why I am a Young Life leader." Today one of my sweet girls got baptized. Jessie is one of my girls that I took to Windy Gap this summer. I had lots of amazing conversations with Jessie at camp and I remember one where she talked about her desire to get baptized once she got back to Brentwood. The thing is, Jessie's decision to get baptized has nothing to do with me. It is all about Jesus and I get to be there to watch Him do His work. This afternoon I got to share in this special service and watch as she was baptized for the first time. I don't think I have the words to describe this special moment; all I had was lot of tears. I am so blessed by Jessie in my life and so happy I got to be there with her today! Below is the picture of our Reems Creek girls from Windy Gap. I love them so much.

1 comment:

  1. I just teared up reading this... how sweet! You're such a great YL leader. :)

    ReplyDelete