Friday, July 10, 2009

So Nashville

I have lived in Nashville for over two years and I finally had my first experience at the Ryman! For a huge country music fan like myself, the Ryman Auditorium is like the Mother Church of country music. The Ryman was the origional home of the Grand Ole Opry and is so historic and wonderful. I have been wanting to go there for so long, and finally had the opportunity during the Bluegrass nights at the Opry. I was so excited about being at the Ryman that I cried when I walked in. Seriously. It's lame I know.
I really enjoy Bluegrass music so Ben and I went to the Ryman to hear Rhonda Vincent and the Rage. We were in for such a surprise when Bobby Osborne and the Rocky Top Express came out to preform before Rhonda. Now, for those of you who are about to fall asleep about this exciting post about Bluegrass music, let me tell you that Bobby Osborne was the guy who actually wrote Rocky Top! You know when you hear Rocky Top on the radio? Yeah, I saw that guy in person. It was SO EXCTING! Again... more tears.
Can you see him in the orange jacket? I want to add that to my list of favorite things... people who wear orange jackets! Enjoy this little video I took of the LEGEND Bobby Osborne!

No comments:

Post a Comment