Monday, December 13, 2010

Walking in a Winter Wonderland


I have some very mixed feelings about snow. I love it and it looks BEAUTIFUL covering everything. I like how the world seems quiet and peaceful when it snows. I like to feel "snowed in" and drink hot chocolate, bake cookies, and wear my snuggie while watching White Christmas on repeat.

I even kinda liked walking to work this morning. I liked having a reason to pull out all of my hats, scarves, and mittens. I kinda liked feeling like I was in New York City of Chicago for a little bit while I walked from my apartment to my office. Kinda.
My love for snow started to "melt" when I walked back to my apartment and realized that my pipes were frozen and we had no water. Also frozen? Me. I have on two pairs of socks plus my fuzzy boots and my feet are still cold. I can feel the 8 degree temperature blowing through my window.

Even though the weather outside is frightful, I had fun taking pictures on my way to work this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment