Sunday, December 19, 2010

Friends in Low Places




Garth Brooks is doing nine concerts in Nashville this week for flood relief. I had the privilege of going to the show on Friday night. It was absolutely amazing.


I went with Treydrienne and they were so much fun. I never knew Adrienne was such a country music fan!

Garth puts on such a great show. He is a great entertainer and we had awesome floor seats (thanks Trey!). Tricia came out and sang a few songs with Garth. She sang my favorite song "She's in Love With a Boy." Loved it.
The best part of the concert was the very end. We were lucky to go on the night that only had one concert. So Garth came out after the encore with just his guitar and took requests. I felt like I was the only one in the room. My friend Lindsay does a great job of explaining it.
As I was shopping in downtown Nashville on Saturday morning, I met lots of people from Florida, Minnesota, and Oklahoma. All of these people had come to see Garth in concert. They were all shopping downtown and supporting the businesses that were so badly hurt in the flood. Garth was helping Nashville so much more than just doing some benefit shows.

And look who I ran into..... Anna! I was so happy to see you!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you got to go and feel the same thing, we all need to find our way to move the world like he does!

    I hope you have an amazing Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete