Thursday, November 18, 2010

Boys of Fall


I love football! This season has not been our best at UT, but on Saturday we looked AWESOME against Ole Miss! What a perfect day to go to a game with my sweet Dad! PERFECT weather, a big win, and a fun day with my date to the game.

I also ran into my new roommate at the game! Out of 100,000 seats, she sat right in front of me at the game!

UT unveiled this new statue of General Neyland. It is a beautiful statue to see in person and I loved hearing some great stories about Neyland.
Some fun facts about General Neyland:
  • Neyland Stadium was not only named after The General, but he also helped design it.
  • Neyland was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame as a coach in 1956
  • He is famous for creating the seven Game Maxims of football that many coaches still use today
  • He was not just famous for football, but was also a famous General as well
  • My grandmother played cards with Mrs. Neyland often
I just love Tennessee. Go Vols!

1 comment: