Thursday, June 25, 2009

Windy Gap

I love Windy Gap! Being there brings back amazing memories of times in high school where I felt so close to God. It was so neat to come back as a leader and have my precious high school girls feel that same closeness to God. Overall, it was an amazing week. I don't think words can do justice for how awesome it was! As Young Life leaders, we try to "sell" camp as the "Best Week of Your Life." I thought that girls coming from Brentwood Academy would not have the best week of their lives at Windy Gap. I thought, surely, they have cool vacation homes and trips with their family or school that would be better than Windy Gap. I was so wrong. These girls truly had the best week for other reasons. Let me explain with pictures.... it is what I do best.

Here are the three girls who came with me to camp.... L-R: Jessie, Chandler, and Katie.

Here we are again at Western Night. This was their favorite night of the week!
Here is a picture of our whole cabin -Reems Creek. It was so amazing to see how God put together this group of girls. We had girls from 4 different schools and all different grades, and they became so close this week. We had THE BEST cabin!
I have to say that I was so thankful for the other two leaders in the cabin. I was so lucky to have two of my dear friends in the cabin with me! It was such a blessing to have a good support and to be able to learn from them. I am so thankful for Adrienne and Laura Beth!

And another fun part of the week was being able to spend some good quality time with Sara Krimm! She was on Summer Staff for the whole month, and we got to spend her last week there with her. It was so much fun to hang out with her! And as you can see in the picture... I turned another year older while I was gone. How lucky am I that I get to spend my birthday at Windy Gap!
I have lots of stories from Windy Gap that I can't wait to tell. I have been trying to pin down the one main thing I took away from camp... and I can't do it. There are too many lessons that I learned from Windy Gap and I am so excited for that! I am excited to be back in Nashville with these girls and we can continue to walk together with the one who we felt close to at Windy Gap!

1 comment:

  1. What a magical place... I miss it! So glad to have WILCO there during my last week... it was fun to serve my YL "family"

    Miss and love you lots!

    ReplyDelete