Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sharp Top Recap


Last weekend, Williamson County took over 400 kids to Sharp Top Cove, a Young Life Camp in Georgia. It was an amazing weekend, and I love being apart of this ministry. Sharp Top is a really special place for me because I went there many times when I was in high school. Our musical guest was Ryan Long, who also played at many YL camps that I went to as a high school student. It was really great for my heart to be at camp last weekend.

At first, I was a little disappointed with BA only taking 5 kids to camp. They always have a million things going on at school, so I was excited about the ones that got to come join us at camp. It gave me lots of special time with girls, and I am so thankful for that.

I was a bad photographer at Sharp Top and only took a few pictures. I did take about 100 pictures of my girls climbing up the pole of the ropes course. Not sure why I took a million of those, and none of us.

One of my friends asked me about my time at Sharp Top when I got back. I was trying to explain how sometimes at camp, we expect big things to happen. But for me, I saw God in the small things. This was her response " God works in the little ways, that turn into big ways. Sometimes we are looking for wow....bam... you know? I think sometimes we overlook his miracles when looking for His fireworks. " I just love that. I am so thankful that I get to walk with these sweet girls at BA and see God working in big and small ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment