Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tasty Travels- Austin edition

Valentines Weekend + Austin = Love

I had an amazing trip to Austin this weekend. I don't know if I can explain how much fun I had, but will try. As always, it is easier with pictures. Here are the highlights.
  • Running into Beth Moore at the Nashville airport. Beth was here in Nashville doing a book signing of her new book "So Long Insecurity." I was bummed I couldn't go because I had to work on Thursday. But Thursday night while waiting for my flight to Austin, I ran into Beth. Literally, ran into her. While I was apologizing under the departing flight t.v.'s, all I could think was that I wanted to ask her for a picture. I was so mad that I didn't ask her for one. So I went to the airport bookstore to try to find the book and get her to sign it. They didn't have it, but still my favorite celebrity sighting ever!
  • Fun and encouraging memories with my friends! I love these girls so much! It was so fun being with them. Someone asked me what my favorite part of the weekend was.... and honestly it was just being around these two. It was such a sweet weekend and I left feeling so fulfilled!
  • The FOOD! Oh.my.gosh! I can not tell you how much I LOVED the food in Austin. I felt like I was on an episode of Rachel Ray's tasty travels. My meal at Trudy's was the best meal I have ever had. Here is a picture of me with my stuffed avocado and Mexican martini. YUM-O.
  • And here is a picture of me at the best brunch I have ever had! Mom, you would LOVE this place! Pictured here is the hash. It is brisket, potatoes, eggs, and some other good stuff. Plus they had $1 mimosa's and bellini's. YUM-O!
  • Texas Two-Step. We went two-stepping Friday night in downtown Austin. It was really fun to see how great these Austin guys are at two-stepping. (The key is getting a good partner.)
  • Valentines Day..... the movie! We went to see the movie Valentines Day at the Alamo. It is a movie theater where you are served food. Not like popcorn and candy, but full meals and anything you could imagine! I ordered hot chocolate chip cookies and a mocha latte since we went for a matinee movie. I really wish we had one of these in Nashville.

I love Austin. I love my friends that live in Austin. I guess it was appropriate that I was there for Valentines day weekend, because I LOVED it! Can't wait to go back soon!!

1 comment: